2016 Program Schedule
- Circuit Class is full for Winter Semester; however, Sign up NOW for Spring, Summer, and Fall!
- We currently have availability in Amp'd and Tun'd classes for each semester.
- Two new exciting workshops have been added in 2016!
- Rock-N-Roll Music Therapy Workshop with Eddie Konopasek, MT-BC! Space is limited to 6 participants. Contact CFMT NOW to ensure your spot!
- Spring & Summer Tai Chi Intensive Workshops! Tai Chi for energy as created by Dr. Paul Lam and taught by certified Tai Chi for Health Instructor - Wayne Key! Spring Workshop has only two spaces left available. Sign up now to ensure your spot.
- Proudly announcing our 6th annual Career In Music Therapy Workshop July 8-10th! If you have a desire to help, heal and/or treat others through music this is the workshop to explore and launch a career in which to pursue your passion! Space is limited to 12 participants to ensure personalized planning and support. Payment is due at time of registration (Checks, All Major Credit Cards, ACH and EFT payments).
Welcome to the Center for Music Therapy. Click the picture to the right to watch our welcome video which gives a brief history of our company, explanation of what is music therapy and more.
The Center for Music Therapy was founded in 1990 to make music therapy more accessible to the Central Texas area. Services are based on the founding principle of gratitude. Founder and President, Hope E. Young, MT-BC has been in practice in Austin since 1990, working with children, adolescents, adults and older adults. Austin's NSIDE magazine featured the center in their July 2010 issue. Click here to read the article. Additionally, YouTube's Psychetruth channel created a series of videos on music therapy and the center. Click here to see the series of videos.
Proud to be a locally owned Austin original business, the Center is also the first and oldest for profit music therapy facility in the world. Its newest site at 711 West 38th Street is the most technologically advanced facility in the world specifically designed to treat neurologic movement conditions and disorders through music. In its long history, the Center for Music Therapy has provided services for many area hospitals including St. David's Hospital and Warm Springs Rehabilitation Hospital as well as facilities in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus Christi. All of our music therapists are certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists and our physical therapist by the State of Texas. The Center for Music Therapy is a licensed physical therapy facility by the State of Texas.
"I regard music therapy as a tool of great power...because of its unique capacity to organize or reorganize cerebral function when it has been damaged."
~ Oliver Sacks, M.D. Professor of Neurology
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York. Author of Awakenings